November 03, 2013

DIY Drop Cloth Ottoman Cover

Happy Sunday Funday! 
My Husband has spent the day watching football (eye roll ) and so I decided to tackle another project that I have been putting off for WAY too long. 

I found this ottoman at a Goodwill for four dollars and decided I would sew a cover for it and give it new life. It was super sturdy and still comfy for putting your feet up. It was just so UGLY! As you can see it needed to be covered BADLY. 

 Before

My dogs love it and use it as their little sleeping place so I needed to find a durable fabric that I could throw in the wash over and over again. I had made my curtains out of canvas drop cloths and they have held up super well and were so cheap too! So I decided to use a drop cloth for this project as well and see how it went. 



I washed the drop cloth several times until it was soft and then just placed the fabric over the ottoman, pinned the sides, sewed and pressed and whala! It was super easy and took about an hour or less.


Its not perfect and I probably could have put more detail into it but hey, its Sunday! I didn't want to waste the whole day on this! 


I think my Sherman is happy with his new bed

I just couldn't get him off of it. 


Not only is this a dog bed and a foot rest but we can now use it as extra seating for when we have get together's! That will come in handy this Holiday season because my family is HUGE! 
I love thrifty finds and I like being able to give them new life on the cheap too! 
I hope your Sunday was as productive as mine has been. And now......an early cocktail hour on this Sunday Funday.

XOXO,

Nia

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment